Police in Sicily have arrested a suspected Mafia boss at a festive dinner after he returned home for Easter.
The man suspected of leading the Pagliarelli mafia group had left Italy for Brazil some time ago, but returned to Palermo before Easter, the Ansa news agency reported on Monday.
Police arrested other men suspected of being active in the Sicilian organization Cosa Nostra.
The suspects were charged with extortion, assault, kidnapping and other serious crimes.
The raid was coordinated by Palermo prosecutors and other investigators targeting the Mafia. (dpa / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yC1
- At 100, the Chinese Communist Party transformed China, the world – Ambassador
- Irrigation: Kano Govt releases water from Watari dam
- Jigawa government to demarcate 95 km of grazing reserves and roads for livestock
- Nigeria reports 100 new COVID-19 infections, 0 deaths in 10 days
- Trafficking in human beings: NAPTIP seeks a partnership with the army to strengthen its capacities
- NIMASA and Shippers Council Collaborate to Reduce Delays and Corruption in Ports
- Mauritius Commercial Bank Ltd (MCB) provides funding of USD 60 million to fuel national ambitions for electrification and use of LNG in Senegal
- Saraki instructs stakeholders on sustainable solutions in the maritime sector
- FG to strengthen security in Pandam game reserve