After ISWAP attacks, COAS visits Biu, Buratai
NNN: COAS Army Chief of Staff Faruk Yahaya commended Operation Hadin Kai troops for their resilience, commitment and sacrifice in the ongoing fight against Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province terrorists, ISWAP, in the northeast.
NIGERIAN DAILY reports that terrorists had infiltrated the cities of Biu and Buratai in recent weeks, unleashing terror in these areas.
Army Public Relations Director Onyema Nwachukwu, in a statement Thursday, said the COAS praised the troops in a visit to troops Thursday in Buratai and Biu en Borno.
He urged the troop to be more vigilant and alert to their responsibilities, adding that with discipline and commitment, the war in the northeast will come to an end.
Mr. Yahaya assured the troops that the desired attention was being paid to the administrative and operational challenges facing their units.
In the palace of the Emir of Biu, Mustapha Umar, the COAS requested the support of the traditional leader and his subjects in the ongoing counter-insurgency operations.
He said that the cooperation and goodwill of the traditional institution and the citizenry were invaluable to significant and sustainable operational success.
In response, the royal father assured COAS of the unwavering support and cooperation of his traditional council and the good people of the Emirate of Biu to the Nigerian military.
The Emir conveyed the Emirate’s gratitude to the COAS for the sacrifices and commitment shown by the troops in the fight against the insurgency in his domain.
He urged the army chief and indeed the Nigerian military to remain resolute in fulfilling their constitutional responsibilities.
The COAS has embarked on an operational tour of the Northeast Theater of Operations on Wednesday, to assess the progress made in the counterinsurgency operation and interact with commanders and troops.
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo