NNN: A forex expert, Stano Olubayo, has called on the Federal Government to introduce forex training as a subject in higher institutions in the country.
According to him, deep knowledge of forex trading by Nigerian youths would discourage them from cybercrimes.
“Forex training is a legitimate and real business done online, foreign exchange market is the largest market in the world with over five trillion dollars exchanging hands daily.
“When I hear that youths are involved in fraud, cyber-crime, scams, I am surprised because they can utilise their time on the internet for legitimate venture trading in forex,” he said.
Olubayo was of the view that if government was really interested in empowering youths, it should send them for forex training.
“It is just a pity that in this part of the world our government does not believe in real empowerment.
“Sometimes when I hear of like soap making, Tie and dye, computer training, and tailoring in this 21st century, I feel unsatisfied.
“All these are good but for me, youths ought to have learnt this during their long holidays in secondary school.
“I believe no knowledge is a waste, government can make it mandatory to all higher institutions to include Forex Trading as part of the courses for every Economics student, and can be a borrowed course to other departments,” Olubayo added.
He said his company was ready to partner the NYSC in the state to train corps members during orientation programme and continue with the training after leaving the camp.
- Ten takeaways from State Visit to Portugal: Two Nations and the will for strategic partnership – Garba Shehu
- 2023: NYSC advises corps members to comply with rules of elections
- I’ll provide leadership for medical community, says NMA FCT Chairmanship aspirant
- Police arrest 3 suspects for alleged rape, forceful initiation of girl into cult group
- Communiqué of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission on the Situation in Libya
- Retirement: Staff, friends of National Hospital Abuja laud outgoing CMD
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence
- Appeal Court fixes July 5 for judgment in Abuja land dispute matter
- Hundreds of anti-coup protesters in Sudan defy security forces
- NAFDAC shuts 10 water factories in Ondo
- 2023: Group drums support for Obi, urges people to get PVC
- Taraba Govt. begins sensitisation of community to privitisation of highland tea
- Bible Society honours Awolowo-Dosumu, Maiden Alex-Ibru, others
- NYSC condemns alleged electoral misconduct involving corps member in Osun
- NSE to partner stakeholders in replacing manhole covers, other projects