Speaking on behalf of the former aspirants, Agbaje, said it was a hard decision to take, but that they stepped down for the good of the constituency.
He said he had personally contested three times for the same post and seemed to have a brighter chance this time.
“Initially, I believed this is my time to showcase myself. I believe my chances are very bright.
“Baba is a highly respectable man in Lagos and in Ikorodu politics so I can’t turn down his request,’’ he said.
Another former aspirant, Balogun, a former Lagos State Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs also said the withdrawal was a difficult decision to take.
He urged delegates to work for the success of the party considering the antecedents and good work of the father of their preferred aspirant for the primary election.
“Every experience starts in a day. Our expectation is that we should give another youth a chance.
“As we speak today, four contestants have not only picked their nomination forms knowing their strength, but have given it up for Ogunleye.
“That means Ogunleye is an aspirant with a pedigree,’’ Balogun said.
Responding, Gbolahan Ogunleye, commended the aspirants for their sacrifices and promised to facilitate projects that would be of benefit to the people of Ikorodu Constituency if elected.
He pledged to run an all-inclusive representation.
“I promise my constituents practical representation and I will work diligently to ensure better life for the,’’ he said.
APC’s primary election for the House of Assembly holds on May 22.
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference
- Indonesia lifts palm oil export ban after protests
- Three Professors Win 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Prize for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- CSO to support implementation of $700m W/Bank water project in Nigeria