By Gabriel Yough
Students at Taraba State University in Jalingo held a peace summit on Tuesday aimed at tackling insecurity through social change.
Mr. Dennis Shima, Speaker of the House of Students and Chairman of the Organizing Committee, said the event aimed to create a peace advocacy forum that would educate citizens in rural areas about the need to live in harmony with each other. others.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the summit is labeled “Easter lunch”.
Shima said the summit should contribute their quota to end security challenges in the state and nation.
According to him, the summit has become necessary following the escalation of insecurity in its various forms across the country.
Shima said that as students, they believed it was wise to set up the summit to complement Governor Darius Ishaku‘s peace efforts to collectively promote unity and ensure the development of the State.
“We are launching a network that would reach rural citizens where the crisis usually begins and we think it would be easy to foster peace in these communities.
“We believe that our academic certificate would not be useful if there is no peace between our different ethnic groups and that is why we believe that an advocacy forum is the key,” he said. .
Professor Patrick Oromarike, head of the university’s political science and international relations department, praised the students for their initiative to end insecurity in communities.
Oromarike, who was represented by Dr Julius Ngomba, the department’s exams manager, praised the students for their efforts in tackling insecurity in communities across the country.
Reverend Father Isaac Nyame, an occasional guest speaker, urged students and other citizens to ensure peace and unity in their various communities to strengthen nation-building for a better society.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDy
- Guber seeker advocates innovative approaches to boost Anambra IGR
- Chibok girls always on our minds, says the presidency
- NSCDC foils jailbreak attempt at correctional facility in Ubiaja, Edo
- Edo 2020: a sports festival to never forget – MOC
- Lawan is committed to supporting the profession of surveyor
- COVID-19: Osinbajo warns against vaccine nationalism
- COVID-19: Traditional leader tells Nigerians to put fears aside and get vaccinated
- Police confirm attack on Nsukka community
- Delta to host 21st National Sports Festival