FG inaugurates N23.5bn water project in Bauchi State
NNN: Secretary to the Federal Government, Mr Boss Mustapha, inaugurated a N23.5 billion township water supply scheme in Bauchi on Thursday on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The scheme was executed by the Federal Government under the World Bank Third National Urban Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP3).
Mustapha said at the inauguration that the Federal Government accorded priority to projects that would accelerate economic development through the harnessing of natural resources such as water.
He explained that the project aimed at addressing water scarcity in the urban area of the Bauchi State capital.
Mustapha also commended the Bauchi State government for providing the counterpart funding of 10 per cent on the project in which the World Bank gave 90 per cent of the contract sum.
“Bauchi is home to me as I always enjoy your popular support,
“I urge the good people of this state to reciprocate the gesture by helping in the maintenance of the scheme,’’ Mustapha said in a message sent by the president.
In his remarks, Gov. Bala Mohammed appreciated the Federal Government for its concern for the state and appealed for more federal presence through the provision of additional infrastructure.
Also speaking at the inauguration, Mr Shubham Chaudhuri, the Country Director of the World Bank in Nigeria, assured that it would continue to support states and nations desirous to promote water and sanitation.
He noted that the Bauchi State and the bank succeeded in executing the project in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The upgraded water scheme is expected to supply 75 million litres of water to the more than one million residents of Bauchi metropolis and its environs daily. (www.nanews.ng)
- Hajj: Oyo pilgrims offer special prayers for Makinde, Nigeria
- South Africa: Minister Pandor attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bali, Indonesia
- Police warn cultists, hoodlums against celebrating ‘7/7’ Day in Osun
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General – on Mali
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina