The Imo Football Association (FA) has urged its Chairman, Mr Amanze Uchegbulam, to contest for president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) during the Federation’s September 2022 general elections.
In the motion which was later unanimously adopted by delegates at the meeting, Dike described Uchegbulam as an astute football administrator and enthusiast.
Dike, a lawyer, added that Uchegbulam’s wealth of experience as a former National Vice President (South-East) of the NFF and longest serving FA Chairman in Nigeria, would be brought to bear if he leads the Federation.
Reacting, Uchegbulam thanked the delegates for the confidence reposed on him and promised to give thought to the request.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the highlight of the meeting was the bestowment of awards of honorary memberships to some supporters of the Imo FA by the Association’s Ambassador and Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Rev. Eches Divine Eches, for their contributions to the growth of the Association.
Among those who received the awards was Prof. Ken Anugweje of the University of Port-harcourt, who had successfully led the school to soccer victories in 11 different editions of the Nigerian University Games and led Nigeria to four victories at the West African University Games.
Another awardee was Mr Joseph Ebowusim, Chief Executive Officer of Pharmatex Indistries Limited, a pharmaceutical company and grand patron of football clubs in parts of the country, including the Emmanuel Amuneke Football Club.
A grateful Ebowusim who said that his involvement in football was driven by passion and the desire to discover untapped talents, pledged total commitment to the advancement of football in Imo.
“My passion for football led to the establishment of Jossy United Football Club where we groomed the likes of Chidiebere Nwakali and Kelechi Nwakali, among others.
“This award has more than doubled my passion for the game and I thank the Imo FA for finding me worthy of this great honour,” he said.
NAN also reports that in addition to delegates from the 27 Council Areas of the state, the meeting was also attended by football administrators and enthusiasts.
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference