By Ebere Agozie
Judge Emmanuel Agim, who delivered a unanimous judgment, held that the lawsuit that led to Ibezim’s disqualification for allegedly providing false information to secure the nomination was time-barred at the time of its introduction.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the complaint was lodged by Asomugha Elebeke, one of the contenders, who had expressed interest in running for the party primary for the provisional election.
The Supreme Court therefore overturned, annulled and overturned the concurrent judgments of the Federal High Court of Abuja and the Court of Appeal which annulled Ibezim’s candidacy for perjury.
Judge Taiwo Taiwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja on March 18 ordered INEC to issue Ararume with the return certificate.
The Supreme Court trial sought to overturn Inyang Ekwo’s judgment of the Federal High Court and that of the Court of Appeal, both of which overturned Ibezim’s candidacy on the grounds that he had made false statements in the documents he had submitted to INEC.
The two lower courts specifically ruled that Ibezim “has two different and irreconcilable names” and presented three falsified West African Examinations Council results for the same election.
One of the certificates carries Chukwuemeka Frank Ibezim and another Francis Ibezim Chukwuemeka among other differences it has taken place. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ySL
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 11, 2021)
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 Statistics in South Africa (May 11, 2021)
- Netflix acquires Mekwunye’s film “One Lagos Night”
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri