Ijaw Youth Council postpones national elections to July 17
Alhaji Abubakar Amaigo-Brown, Spokesperson, IYC Electoral Committee, 2020, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Yenagoa on Wednesday.
He said the change in date came up after extensive deliberation necessitated by some challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic and complaint from several aspirants and stakeholders.
Amaigo-Brown said that the aspirants and stakeholders asked that the date be shifted to enable them carry out their campaigns.
He said the committee held wide consultations with elders and other stakeholders of Ijaw nation to ensure that all the aspirants were given a level playing ground.
He also said that the committee had concluded plans to ensure the conduct of credible elections at Oporoza in Delta to produce a leadership that would reflect the votes of the delegates.
Edited By: Abiemwense Moru/Felix Ajide (NAN)
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family