The 2020 Electoral Committee of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) has postponed the group’s national elections from July 10 and 11, 2020 to July 17 and 18, 2020.
Alhaji Abubakar Amaigo-Brown, Spokesperson, IYC Electoral Committee, 2020, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Yenagoa on Wednesday.
He said the change in date came up after extensive deliberation necessitated by some challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic and complaint from several aspirants and stakeholders.
Amaigo-Brown said that the aspirants and stakeholders asked that the date be shifted to enable them carry out their campaigns.
He said the committee held wide consultations with elders and other stakeholders of Ijaw nation to ensure that all the aspirants were given a level playing ground.
He also said that the committee had concluded plans to ensure the conduct of credible elections at Oporoza in Delta to produce a leadership that would reflect the votes of the delegates.
Edited By: Abiemwense Moru/Felix Ajide (NAN)
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to launch Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods Initiative (WELI)
- Sonangol celebrates 45 years in the service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark)
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens workshops in Mozambique and celebrates International Women’s Day
- Call for an independent investigation into the death of Rwandan singer Kizito Mihigo
- Kasi Insight data on Africa is now available as part of an alternative data catalog through Bloomberg’s Data Market Place
- Whenever you’re ready to travel again, Jumeirah is here to help plan the perfect vacation with an exclusive global offer.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 7, 2021)
- Global COVID-19 experts see inequitable vaccine distribution and reluctance to be key challenges for Africa in 2021
- Q&A with Paula Lanco – President of the Women’s Rugby Advisory Committee