IBEDC boss calls for better cooperation for improved energy in Africa
This is contained in a release by the company’s Public Relations Officer, Busolami Tunwase, in Ibadan on Wednesday.
Tunwase quoted Ayodele as saying this at an event in Lagos on Tuesday amidst stakeholders in the industry.
Ayodele, who was a panellist at the discussant level on ‘Together for A Better Tomorrow-Regional Electricity Cooperation and Integration’, stated that African nations should devote parts of the money used for ammunition on electricity.
He said such move will have direct improvement in the standard of living in the continent.
According to him “for Africa to be self-sufficient we must integrate ourselves and be willing to do the needful”.
He said the conference came up at a very appropriate time, with huge responsibilities on stakeholders to look for solutions, engage in technical discussion and do on the spot assessment of the region’s opportunities in power generation and distribution.
The IBEDC COO expressed confidence that the event would provide the opportunity for the players in the industry to be acquainted with innovations and inventions that could greatly improve energy services to consumers.
According to the release, “the 3-day event tagged Digitalization, Sustainability and Optimization was a brainchild of Vertex NEXT, a global business optimization solutions provider.
“The conference designed to deliberate on problems bedeviling the energy and Water sector as well as proffer solutions to tackle some of them, attracted a global audience with a common goal.”
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family