By Mercy Obojeghren
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Mr. Jude Ogbimi, the winner of Saturday’s by-election in the Isoko North state constituency of Delta on Sunday.
Returning officer for the election, Christopher Onosemuode, reported the result to Ozoro in the Isoko council area.
Onosemuode, of the Federal Petroleum Resources University of Effurun, said Ogbimi won 29,421 votes to defeat eight other candidates in the by-election.
The (NAN) reports that 11 political parties took part in the by-election, prompted by the death of a former majority leader in the Assembly, Mr. Tim Owhefere.
In his response, Ogbimi expressed his gratitude to God and the people of the constituency for his victory in the ballot, assuring that he would give his constituents the good representation they really deserved.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yK5
- INEC engages stakeholders on polling points’ conversion in Oyo
- Opening remarks by the WHO Director-General at the high-level emergency virtual meeting of African ministers of health on the COVID-19 situation in Africa
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (May 7, 2021)
- Ramadan: RMAFC Chairman Mbam urges Nigerians to be tolerant, brothers’ keepers
- B-roll: African rugby teams meet to prepare for the Olympics and Olympic draft – Day 1
- Troops foil kidnap attempt, kill 1 bandit in Kaduna
- D’banj leads Nigeria to Motorsport Championships
- Super league – FIFA chief Infantino: “We need to face the problems in football together”
- Forum tasks FG on MSMEs growth