A Democratic-led US House voted Thursday to discipline a congresswoman who embraced QAnon conspiracy theories, capping weeks of mounting turmoil over holding to account a lawmaker whose extremist rhetoric caused a rupture in Republican ranks.
By a modestly bipartisan vote of 230 to 199, Georgia conservative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a fierce supporter of former President Donald Trump, was stripped of her two committee assignments, even hours after she took to the House floor to express regret for spreading misinformation.
Eleven Republicans defied their party to join all voting Democrats in disciplining Greene, but the action against one of their own by the opposing party triggered protests from Republicans including members of leadership who warned of potential political payback should they regain power.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3xQn
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Video: Review of the activities of the NNPC from April 12 to April 18, 2021
- 10,000 blind to get free electronic canes
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Road users hail FG’s road projects in the South West
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Lecturer of ECOWAS, Tunis receives a doctorate from Alma Mater
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Sheffield United relegated from EPL after loss to Wolves