Alhaji Fatai Kolawole, the Permanent Secretary, Osun Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), says that the home grown feeding of public school pupils will get to every household when it commences in the state.
Kolawole made this known while speaking with newsmen on Tuesday in Modakeke-Ife.
He said that the programme which was stopped due to COVID-19, had commenced in the country but in phases.
”We will ensure not to leave any pupil without having their share of the meal when the programme commences in Osun,” he said.
He thanked Allah that gave Muslim faithful the opportunity to witness another Eid-el-Fitri in spite of the challenges that was ravaging the globe.
“I want to thank Allah for granting us the grace to witness the end of this Ramadan. It is by Him that we are alive, as many have been lowered to the ground.”
“However, the world is in great difficulty as the pandemic is taking its toll on economies but with God all will be normalised.
“Right now, we have to look up to God to protect us,” he said.
Kolawole said the government had collated the data of the school pupils in Modakeke, their house numbers and parents telephone numbers.
“In Modakeke, we have 800 households that will be involved. The data has been sent to Abuja and the template is what will be used to distribute the food,” he said.
Kolawole said that raw foods would be distributed and not cooked foods.
Edited By: Dorcas Jonah/Ese E. Ekama (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3f1N
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (May 7, 2021)
- Ramadan: RMAFC Chairman Mbam urges Nigerians to be tolerant, brothers’ keepers
- B-roll: African rugby teams meet to prepare for the Olympics and Olympic draft – Day 1
- Troops foil kidnap attempt, kill 1 bandit in Kaduna
- D’banj leads Nigeria to Motorsport Championships
- Super league – FIFA chief Infantino: “We need to face the problems in football together”
- Forum tasks FG on MSMEs growth
- Video press release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman