VICTORIA, Seychelles, October 15, 2021 / APO Group / –
Mr. Claude Morel presented his credentials to the President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa, as Resident High Commissioner of Seychelles, on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, during a presidential ceremony , Union Buildings, Pretoria.
In his address to the President, Mr. Morel conveyed fraternal greetings from President Wavel Ramkalawan. He said that “Seychelles sees South Africa as a friend, a neighbor sharing the same ocean, and above all, a strategic partner”, and that the two countries “share the same values and aspirations in our quest to put the development program of our countries at the forefront of our actions ”. He praised the wide range of sectors on which bilateral relations are based, from trade, investment, tourism, aviation, banking, education, among others, but also in “areas affecting our own existence as climate change and sea level rise. ”.
From a multilateral perspective, Mr. Morel pledged that “our engagement will continue in the pursuit of our mutual goals through the platforms of SADC, the African Union, the Indian Ocean Rim Association, the Commonwealth and United Nations “.
President Ramaphosa said he was looking forward to meeting President Ramkalawan soon and that the two countries should continue to engage with each other to consolidate and strengthen relations at all levels.
High Commissioner Morel was accompanied by his wife, Ms Margaret Morel.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D2g
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22