2022 Hajj: NAHCON allocates 2,146 seats to Katsina
NNN: Executive Director of Katsina State Pilgrims Welfare Board (KTSPWB), Alhaji Suleman Kuki, says that National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has allocated a total of 2,146 seats to the state.
Kuki disclosed this during a preparatory meeting with Hajj stakeholders in Katsina on Wednesday.
He said that the board has also outlined and made adequate arrangements for the welfare of the pilgrims from the state, both onshore and offshore, with a view to achieving a hitch free Hajj exercise.
Kuki stated that the board had administered the first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccination, including booster doses, to the intending pilgrims and their officials.
He said that a four-week mandatory enlightenment class was organised in all the seven zonal centres for the intending pilgrims across the state.
“We administer yellow fever, cerebro-spinal meningitis (SCM), pregnancy tests and general screening on all the intending pilgrims.
“The board has procured materials for uniforms, while we are removing the transit camp and making arrangement with bankers to purchase basic travelling allowance for the intending pilgrims.
“Online e-passports registration to process visas for travel to the Holy Land is also at an advanced stage.
“At the offshore level, we have appointed service providers and provided accommodation and caterers for the pilgrims from the state in Makkah,” he said.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family