Hajj: Maintain good conduct, pray for Nigeria, Cleric urges intending pilgrims
NNN: A Islamic Cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Abdulnafiu, has urged intending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia to be of good behaviour and pray for Nigeria while in the Holy Land.
He urged the intending pilgrims to intensively pray for divine intervention in the country’s numerous challenges.
According to the imam, the behaviour of the pilgrims in the holy land, either positive or negative, will determine the perception of Nigerians by people from other parts of the world.
He also urged them to pray for emergence of God-fearing leaders in the 2023 general elections to further enhance good governance in the country.
The cleric reminded them of the importance of Hajj, as one of the pillars of Islam.
The cleric enjoined them to seek for more knowledge on the spiritual exercise in which they would be engaged while in the holy land.
“The pilgrims must note that they will go to the holy land for nothing other than worship, and as such, they need the knowledge on how to go about some of the worship acts.
“They must also be mindful of the numerous challenges the country is faced with, especially the 2023 general elections, which needs serious prayers for good leaders to emerge.
“The prayers will enable the leaders to put in place sound economic policies and programmes that will improve the wellbeing of the citizens and ensure even development for the betterment of all,” Abdulnafiu said.
He called on Nigerians to be peace-loving, tolerant and eschew any act that might hinder the nation’s progress.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family