Gunmen storm Kano, abduct lawmaker’s mom
NNN: Unknown gunmen have kidnapped the mother of Isyaku Ali-Danja, a member representing the Gezawa constituency in the Kano House of Assembly.
DAILY NIGERIANO reported that the armed men broke into the residence of the legislator’s mother in the city of Gezawa, smashed the door and kidnapped her.
Narrating the incident, Mr. Ali-Danja, who was once a speaker in the House, said that the gunmen first asked his mother to open the door, but she refused.
She said that after her refusal, they forcibly broke the door to her room and kidnapped her.
Mr. Ali-Danja added that immediately after the attackers left the house, one of the elderly woman’s caregivers raised the alarm and the police were immediately alerted.
“Even before I went to Gezawa, the police officers from the division called me and told me that they sent their officers to the scene. He said that they have already started an investigation on the matter, ”said the legislator.
Ali-Danja also said the gunmen have not yet contacted him or other members of his family.
“There is no contact from them so far. We are only praying to the Almighty to save his life, “he added.
- Mali improvised bomb claims lives of 2 Egyptian peacekeepers – UN
- NADCEL 2022: Army wives donate items to children with disabilities
- What Is CFD Trading? How to Get Started with CFD Trading?
- Osun, a low hanging fruit –PDP
- NSCDC inducts 136 new recruits in Imo
- As the Transitional Period Nears its End, Inclusion of Women’s Voices Becomes Key for Enduring Peace in South Sudan
- IGP tasks new police constables on discipline, professionalism
- Ex- NAGAFF President sets agenda for Sambo
- Ethiopia parliament sets up body to probe mass killings
- 2023: Senatorial candidate appeals for calm, unity in PDP
- Cyprus reinforces face mask rule indoors
- Meta’s AI Machine Translation Research Helps Break Language Barriers
- Impeachment: Court fixes July 26 for judgment in Oyo Deputy Governor’s suit
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification