By Suleiman Shehu
Armed men reportedly ambushed and killed Suleiman Qudril, a member of Amotekun’s corps, around the Fiditi region of Oyo state.
Qudril, 25, was ambushed Tuesday by gunmen numbering around 11 at Living Farms in the Fiditi region of the state.
The corps commander, retired Col. Olayinka Olayanju, confirmed this in a statement Wednesday in Ibadan.
According to Olayanju, Quadir and his colleague, Amo Yisau, were escorting farm staff to the farm when it was overrun by gunmen.
“Yisau was also caught by bullets, but he survived and is being treated at Owode General Hospital in Oyo town.
“The gallant Quadir left behind an elderly father, a wife and a son.
“He has since been buried according to Islamic rites,” Olayanju said.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3t
- 16,000 jobs’ll be created when National Theatre’s renovation is completed – Official
- Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro, ex-CDS dies at 80 Death
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 12, 2021)
- New board will run the National Theatre after renovations – GM
- Ogun Govt. restates commitment to quality health care
- Eid-el-Fitr: Ganduje urges Muslims to pray for peace
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 12, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Orji Kalu advocates national cohesion
- Expert wants greater investment in food security