By Suleiman Shehu
Armed men reportedly ambushed and killed Suleiman Qudril, a member of Amotekun’s corps, around the Fiditi region of Oyo state.
Qudril, 25, was ambushed Tuesday by gunmen numbering around 11 at Living Farms in the Fiditi region of the state.
The corps commander, retired Col. Olayinka Olayanju, confirmed this in a statement Wednesday in Ibadan.
According to Olayanju, Quadir and his colleague, Amo Yisau, were escorting farm staff to the farm when it was overrun by gunmen.
“Yisau was also caught by bullets, but he survived and is being treated at Owode General Hospital in Oyo town.
“The gallant Quadir left behind an elderly father, a wife and a son.
“He has since been buried according to Islamic rites,” Olayanju said.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3t
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)
- Jagun emerges new president of computer professionals council
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 6, 2021)
- Lagos to connect 100 schools to internet in May – Sanwo-Olu