Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare has been recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the only athlete to have attended the Athletics Diamond Meetings 67 times. Okagbare shared the good news on Wednesday via his verified Instagram handle.
She said, “A dream has come true thanks to the grace and determination of God. “Look what finally happened in the mail. “Thanks to the Guinness Book of World Records, I am truly honored, proud and grateful.”
The letter sent to him by the corps stated: “The highest number of Diamond League meetings attended by an athlete is 67 years old and was achieved by Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria) between July 30, 2010 and July 31, 2010. August 2018.
Track and field athlete Okagbare won a silver medal at the 2018 Beijing Olympics.
She also won silver and bronze in the long jump and 200 meters respectively at the 2013 World Championships held in Moscow, Russia.
The 32-year-old had a brilliant outing at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow where she won two gold and one silver.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y3l
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners