Nigerian athlete Blessing Okagbare has been recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the only athlete to have attended the Athletics Diamond Meetings 67 times. Okagbare shared the good news on Wednesday via his verified Instagram handle.
She said, “A dream has come true thanks to the grace and determination of God. “Look what finally happened in the mail. “Thanks to the Guinness Book of World Records, I am truly honored, proud and grateful.”
The letter sent to him by the corps stated: “The highest number of Diamond League meetings attended by an athlete is 67 years old and was achieved by Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria) between July 30, 2010 and July 31, 2010. August 2018.
Track and field athlete Okagbare won a silver medal at the 2018 Beijing Olympics.
She also won silver and bronze in the long jump and 200 meters respectively at the 2013 World Championships held in Moscow, Russia.
The 32-year-old had a brilliant outing at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow where she won two gold and one silver.
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team excites by igniting the Samyn
- Club Swan offers an alternative solution to buy crypto in Africa
- WFP calls for solution to fuel shortages in Yemen threatening to worsen widespread food insecurity
- Health center rehabilitated, mobile clinics deployed to support the refugee crisis in eastern Sudan
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (March 1, 2021)
- Statement by UNICEF Nigeria Representative Peter Hawkins on the release of abducted schoolgirls in Jangebe, Zamfara State, Nigeria
- UNHCR to relocate thousands of Central African refugees to safer places
- Rising violence in Nigeria drives displacement to Niger
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (March 1, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Sierra Leone: Chinese Ambassador Hu Zhangliang presents COVID-19 vaccines to President of Sierra Leone Julius Maada Bio