By Emmanuel Oloniruha
Okwenna, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said the state needs to change approaches to boost its IGR and strengthen its development.
He said there should be an improvement in the state’s IGR, especially now that the federal government allocation is declining.
“Our allocation from the accounts of the federation keeps decreasing because the oil decreases; unfortunately, we depend on what comes into play to run the state.
“This will make us a debtor state, which we already are. If we don’t get innovative approaches to strengthen our IGR system and expand the network, we won’t be able to get results anywhere.
“This is why my economic and growth plan is fully integrated to develop Anambra State, create wealth, bring stability, improve the standard of living of our people.
“It will also promote entrepreneurship and bring peaceful discipline,” he said.
Okewnna, who has expressed confidence in getting a PDP ticket, said he has a clear manifesto and an innovative plan to change Anambra narratives.
“We cannot continue to do things the same way in Anambra, if we do it we will get the same results.
“We have to make innovations that will take us to the next level, we have to build a new height that will make the state emerge victorious again,” he said.
Okewnna, who said the national elections were important for the PDP ahead of the 2023 general election, said that if he got tickets for the PDP, victory was assured for the party. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPf
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners