By Stellamaris Ashinze
The Hub4Africa IT Village (Cvhub4Africa) announced on Monday that it will offer free training on software development and other emerging technologies to as many as 2,500 young Nigerians.
Mr. Austin Agbakor, software developer and CEO of Cvhub4Africa, told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) in Lagos that the training would equip young people with emerging technologies, including robotics, artificial intelligence and development of software.
Agbakor said such knowledge will make young people employable and empower them to be entrepreneurs, especially in the age of digitization, online business and remote working.
He said the training will also increase productivity and performance, bring about uniformity in the automation of work processes and help reduce waste.
According to him, the lack of technologies in some institutions and also in some government agencies has informed the training that must bridge the gap of unemployment and low technological development.
“The divide exists in many government agencies and other institutions.
“We have seen many people who are not sufficiently equipped; but for Nigeria to increase its productivity, we must be passionate about information and resources that can be used by the people.
“There’s a lot of potential everywhere, it’s just the framework that’s missing, hence the training to bridge the gap,” he said.
According to him, CVHUB4AFRICA offers a range of free computer courses and has decided to teach Nigerians how to develop software, manage computer networks, maintain vital systems and more for free.
He said some have already started learning in the hub.
He called on interested young people to come and register for information technology training and professional development opportunities. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yCw
- British Queen enters debate over Philip’s funeral outfits
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price