By Bukola Adewumi
Ms Aminat Aweke, the President of Junior Chamber International Outreach, revealed this while speaking at the launch of the project at the Government Science Technical College of Garki on Thursday in Abuja.
She said the idea was to make the world clean by planting trees, especially in the wake of ozone depletion and climate change.
Aweke said the group will plant 100,000 trees across the country, while FCT will get 10,000 in 2021.
Mr. Olamoyegun Olabisi, president of the GOGreen 2021 project, noted that GoGreen involves taking action and engaging in practices that can lead to a more user-friendly environment.
Olabisi added that it would also lead to environmentally responsible decisions and lifestyles which in turn would help protect the environment and maintain its natural resources.
According to him, there is no better time than now to rethink and act to restore Earth because a healthy planet is necessary, not an option.
The president said the idea of planting trees was to reduce the effects of global warming and climate change.
“Our society has not learned about planting trees and we consider it necessary to leave school so that the pupils can pass it on to their parents and to society.
“We did this last year in Kuje and we will always expand it to other CTF schools and there will be effective monitoring of this GoGreen project in each of the schools we choose,” he said. he declares.
Mr. James Kuta, director of the Government Scientific Technical College, Garki, Abuja, said tree planting was necessary.
“Trees give us oxygen, a shield, beautify the environment and also give us food, and I think the sooner we start planting trees the better, because we are busy cutting down those that we are. God gave us free.
He noted that planting trees was a noble endeavor that would help support the ecosystem, adding that each tree felled should be replaced by two.
Kuta said the school leadership will ensure that the idea of planting trees in the school becomes the norm, noting that there are many benefits that come from planting trees. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z5q
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 Statistics in South Africa (May 11, 2021)
- Netflix acquires Mekwunye’s film “One Lagos Night”
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP