By Emmanuel Afonne
Forum chairperson Ms. Nwamaka Ibeme said this during a first three-day forum conference Thursday in Abuja.
The Nigerian News Agency reports that the theme of the conference is: “Good governance, public sector management and sustainable development”.
Ibeme is also the Head of the Public Administration Department of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
She said the forum that emerged from mainstream political science would steer the interest of higher education and research institutions in the country towards critical thinking for a better understanding of governance and public sector development.
“Our role will not only be to advise on political issues, but to support the system that will make sustainable development possible, even in the face of national and global uncertainties.
“To carry out this mission, our main objectives will include, among others, using the forum to serve as a platform to engage in constructive dialogue with academics in public administration and related disciplines on the issues and challenges of public policy criticism in Nigeria and the means to address them.
“Our approach will not only dwell on theories, but will draw to a large extent on the wealth of knowledge of practitioners on the ground in actual practice of public administration.
“We also hope that this forum of public administration theory and practice will facilitate academic cooperation and collaboration between public administrations and policy specialists in Nigeria and related disciplines and international political and economic development organizations, to worldwide.
“It is also our dream that this conference becomes pan-African and ultimately global, as we take our rightful place in the space of public administration and define the way in which problems and challenges related to the public are dealt with. for the benefit of our institutions and our government, ”says Ibeme.
NOUN’s Vice-Chancellor Professor Olufemi Peters, who declared the conference open, said the institution will always support any initiative to develop higher education and research institutions.
Peters, who was represented by Professor Samson Osoba, dean of the Faculty of Management Sciences, said NOUN will support any professional forum or body ready to take education to the next level.
One of the conference organizers, Prof Akongbowa Amadasun, professor of public administration and political economy at Federal University of Wukari, Wukari, Taraba, said the forum will interface with stakeholders from the best governance practices in the country in all ramifications.
“It is high time that a body of Public Administrators, in particular academic ones, be put in place to make research sustainable.
“In addition, it will provide a valuable opportunity for the exchange of knowledge and experiences in public management.
“This occasion marks a turning point in the history of our young and dynamic association; it also marks a new start in the transformation of public administration as a discipline and practice in Nigeria, ”Amadasun said.
Papers were presented on the long-term benefits of the conference and forum, with participants drawn from various higher education and research institutions across the country.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DhQ
- US Fashion designer Virgil Abloh, 41, dies of cancer
- FCT badminton club hosts maiden championship in Kubwa
- World Bank, El-Rufai applaud Kyari, as NNPC intensifies petroleum sector reform
- WHO Stands with African Nations and Calls for Borders to Remain Open
- NDLEA intercepts 12,385kg “Loud” marijuana in Lagos
- Incorporate recommendations into teaching curriculum to take Art Schools forward — Rector YABATECH
- “1115 C of O’s Yet to Be Collected by Applicants” – Oyo Govt
- CAC deploys e-Platform for registration of LLPs coy
- NSE, COREN commends Gov. Abiodun On Infrastructural Development
- UK to enforce new Covid rules from Tuesday
- Tens of thousands protest Austria compulsory vaccination
- French minister flies to Caribbean islands after mooting autonomy
- James Bond fan Fiala named Czech prime minister
- Buhari charges agric varsities to bridge food insecurity gap
- NIPC partners Isreali Embassy on i-FAIR 2021/22