Group mobilises electoratesfor PVC registration in Kaduna State
NNN: The Kaduna Progressive Group, a Non Governmental Organisation (NGO), has urged eligible voters to register and obtain their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs), to enable them to vote for credible leaders in the 2023 general elections.
The Group Leader, Dr Bashir Ibrahim, made the call during an advocacy visit to selected District Heads and stakeholders, on Sunday in Kaduna.
He said the organisation was creating awareness on importance of the voter registration and mobilise participation in the exercise.
He said the visit was also to seek cooperation of associations towards facilitating support services, especially in reduce transport fare to women and provide lists of designated registration centres to the people in the state.
Ibrahim urged eligible voters to register and obtain their PVCs before the dateline set out by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Also, Malam Sani Mazangari, Coordinator, Online Registration Support Programme of the group, said the introduction of PVC online registration portal has eased the registration processes and encouraged more Nigerians to register.
Malam Sani Mazangari said the orgsnisatio was educating the people on the processes involved in the registration, how request for the change of polling unit done online.
The organisation, he said was assisting the people who are not computer literate to register online and later scheduled for biometric data capture at INEC offices.
He said the organisation would deployed an online support staff to the INEC registration points across the state.
Muhammad Haruna, Chairman, Tricycle Riders Association, lauded the gesture, adding that the sensitisation would educate the people and encourage participation in the exercise.
While pledging support to the sensitisation activities of the group, Haruna said the association would mobilise its members to obtain their PVCs. (
- NADCEL 2022: Army wives donate items to children with disabilities
- What Is CFD Trading? How to Get Started with CFD Trading?
- Osun, a low hanging fruit –PDP
- NSCDC inducts 136 new recruits in Imo
- As the Transitional Period Nears its End, Inclusion of Women’s Voices Becomes Key for Enduring Peace in South Sudan
- IGP tasks new police constables on discipline, professionalism
- Ex- NAGAFF President sets agenda for Sambo
- Ethiopia parliament sets up body to probe mass killings
- 2023: Senatorial candidate appeals for calm, unity in PDP
- Cyprus reinforces face mask rule indoors
- Meta’s AI Machine Translation Research Helps Break Language Barriers
- Impeachment: Court fixes July 26 for judgment in Oyo Deputy Governor’s suit
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge