Group lauds FG over NDDC audit
NNN: Mr Tony Uranta, Secretary General, United Niger Delta Energy Development Security Strategy (UNDEDSS) on Thursday lauded the federal government for its commitment to the audit of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
“Until Nigeria learns to systemically embrace Independent Monitoring and Evaluation, corruption will never die in government Ministries, Departments and Agencies(MDAs),” Uranta said in a statement.
He admonished the federal government to ensure that all current unjust practices in the region were stopped and the government, and to live up to its pledges to the people of the region.
“UNDEDSS requested more commitment in the clean-up of Ogoni land; also the COVID-19 Stimulus Funds to states of the Niger Delta should be commensurate to the region being the source of majority of funds in the national treasury.
“The region wants the federal government to honour its own end of the bargain, before the end of 2020.
“These include clean-up of Ogoni land; more robust funding for the Maritime University in Gbaramatu; full installation and commissioning of the currently abandoned mega-Dry Dock (biggest in Africa!) in the region.
Edited By: Gregg Mmaduakolam/Salif Atojoko (NAN)
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family