By Franca ofili
A group, AA Chiroma and Associates, has conferred an Award of Excellence on the Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, for his forthrightness and quality leadership.
Mrs Adenike Adeyemi, Director, Press and Public Relations of the scheme, said in a statement on Sunday in Abuja, that the award came just hours after Ibrahim bagged another award from the Conference of Alumni Associations of Nigerian Universities in Kaduna.
She said that other personalities honoured at the ceremony, held at the Kaduna State University, included Professor of Political Economy and Defence Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (NDA) and Moses Tedheke, Professor of History, Osun State University, Osogbo.
Others are Prof. Ogen Olukoya, and Prof. Nachana’a Alahira-Tarfa, of the Department of Political Science and Defence Studies, NDA, Kaduna.
Adeyemi said that the Special Guest of Honour, retired Maj.-Gen. Paul Chabri Tarfa, congratulated the awardees for their outstanding contributions to humanity.
According to her, the Chairman of the occasion, Prof. Adam Ahmed, a Professor of History in NDA, commended the organisers for recognizing the awardees, who had added values to the society through their respective callings.
Adeyemi urged them to continue the good works for which they were honoured.
According to her, speakers at the event remarked glowingly on Ibrahim’s outstanding qualities with particular reference to his achievements as the NYSC helmsman. (NAN)
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to launch Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods Initiative (WELI)
- Sonangol celebrates 45 years in the service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark)
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens workshops in Mozambique and celebrates International Women’s Day
- Call for an independent investigation into the death of Rwandan singer Kizito Mihigo
- Kasi Insight data on Africa is now available as part of an alternative data catalog through Bloomberg’s Data Market Place
- Whenever you’re ready to travel again, Jumeirah is here to help plan the perfect vacation with an exclusive global offer.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 7, 2021)
- Global COVID-19 experts see inequitable vaccine distribution and reluctance to be key challenges for Africa in 2021
- Q&A with Paula Lanco – President of the Women’s Rugby Advisory Committee