This is to resolve the continuing conflict between the two important natives of Kano State, Aliko Dangote and Abdussamad Isyaka-Rabi’u over the establishment of a sugar factory by the BUA.
A statement from Abba Anwar, the governor’s chief press spokesperson Thursday in Kano, said the reconciliation meeting took place in Abuja on Wednesday.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) recalls that recently there have been reports that Dangote complained about the establishment of a sugar mill by BUA International Limited in the Port Harcourt Free Trade Zone, claiming that ‘it did not comply with export laws.
Anwar said that after the meeting, the presidents of Dangote and BUA agreed to work together to provide enough sugar to meet the country’s demand.
According to him, the meeting put an end to all rumors that the duo were in conflict over control of sugar activities in the country.
“They all dismissed claims that Dangote planned to see the increase in the price of sugar, causing BUA to succumb to the increase. They described the allegation as baseless and devoid of any iota of truth.
“The meeting was seen as the culmination of other similar efforts to reconcile the two giants by the governor. Alhaji Aminu Alhassan Dantata played the role of a father at the meeting, ”Anwar said.
Others are the Chairman of the Council of Imams Kano, Sheikh Muhammad Nasir-Adam, the Chief Imam of the Friday Mosque Sheikh Ahmadu Tijjani, Kofar Mata, Kano and the President of NEPZA, Adamu Panda.
Both business tycoons have agreed to work together in unity for the growth and development of the nation. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yQa
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners