Gov. Sanwo-Olu, NAN correspondent receive tourism awards
NNN: The Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday received the best tourism governor award at the 2022 edition of the Nigeria Tourism Awards, also known as the Balearica Awards.
His deputy, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, got a special recognition award, while the state Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mrs Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf, won the best tourism commissioner award.
Also, Mrs Taiye Olayemi, a Senior Correspondent with the News Agency of Nigeria won the best tourism journalist award.
Mr Efetobo Awhana, organiser of the Nigeria Tourism Awards, announced this during the awards presentation held at Radisson Blu Anchorage, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Awhana said that Sanwo-Olu had worked tirelessly in building infrastructure for the growth of tourism in the state, adding that this was highly commendable.
He urged the award recipients to intensify their efforts in promoting domestic tourism as the nation was well endowed with lots of potential to be explored and marketed.
“To further grow tourism, we need to appreciate those who grow the standards because the industry cannot grow without consistently raising the standard.
“I urge all recipients of this award to continue to spread the campaign for the promotion of domestic tourism, God has endowed us well enough.
“This is the only country with over 100 waterfalls, we should work more on propagating good news more than the bad ones, we shouldn’t be bad news mongers,” he said.
NAN reports that Chief Michael Adeojo got the special recognition award for tourism investment; Chief Abiodun Odusanwo bagged the tourism personality award; while Mr Tope Ogbeni-Awe got the lifetime achievement award.
The industry icon awards went to Chief Ayo Olumoko, Fidelia Salami, Amb. Kayode Adeshola, Solomon Bonu, Amb. Wale Ojo-Lanre and Mr Yinka Folami.
Funmi Oyatogun of Chappal Hike got the best tourism promotion initiative award, Irene Becker won the best tourism photography while Tobbinator got the best tourism video award.
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss
- Seplat, NLNG proffer solutions to Nigeria’s gas crisis
- NGO tasks Kaduna govt on out-of-school children, free education
- Buhari appoints Saratu Umaru as Executive Secretary, NIPC
- Hajj: Board to transport 1,300 Kano pilgrims before Friday