In a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria, in Ado-Ekiti by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the governor described Oyediran’s death as a huge loss not only to the Awolowo and Oyediran families but also to the entire progressives family.
“It is a personal loss to me in particular,” he said.
The late Oyediran, according to the Governor, was an embodiment of love, integrity, courage, compassion and piety, virtues that defined her inter-personal relationships in her lifetime.
“Mrs Oyediran radiated love, warmth and was a mother figure not only to members of the Awolowo dynasty, but also to everyone that came her way.
“She was a loving mother and dutiful wife of our respected Prof A.B. Oyediran, former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan.
“She was a virtuous woman and distinguished leader whose life was an inspiration to many.
“My Condolences also go to the management and staff of the Tribune Newspapers for the loss of their indefatigable Chairman, whose management skills had helped to reposition the newspaper.
“On behalf of myself, my wife and the good people of Ekiti State, I commiserate with the Awolowo and Oyediran families, the government and good people of Ogun State on the passing of Mrs Oyediran, one of their illustrious daughters.
“Her death was a huge loss, no doubt, but we are consoled by the fact she lived an impactful life and left behind a legacy of honour. Our prayer is that God grants her eternal rest and grant the children and the entire family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,” Fayemi said.
Edited By: Vincent Obi
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vzn
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 6, 2021)
- Player fined about N2.5m, banned for slapping opponent
- FROM THE FIELD: Ugandan conflict survivor helps communities find ‘ways forward’
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic