Emmanuel made the commendation while at his polling unit for accreditation and voting at Awa ward 1, Onna Local Government Area on Saturday.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that the turnout of voters was low.
The governor described the processes leading up to the elections as transparent.
“I think this is one of the peaceful elections we have ever conducted. I drove from Uyo down here trying to monitor the elections.
“I like the quietness and orderliness of the elections and I am also appreciating the preparedness of AKISIEC, the quality of materials; it is of a very high standard.
“They can keep it up, and even the transparency of the processes is commendable.
“They have done a good work but it is unfortunate that people will still be complaining even when we score the process 99 per cent. I would only encourage them to do more,’’ he said.
Emmanuel said that as the governor of the state he had confidence in the local government system.
“I have confidence in the elections. If I didn’t have confidence, why should I waste my time coming here?
“I have confidence much more than ever before. This is the most peaceful election,’’ he said.
At Uyo Urban Ward 2 and Ward 4 no voter was seen around the polling units even though electoral officers were on ground and ready for the electoral duties by 9am.
The situation was the same at Eket Central Ward 3, Afia Nsit, voting materials had yet to arrived as at 10am.
Edited By: Kabir Muhammad/Donald Ugwu
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3w6Q
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 7, 2021)
- FRSC enjoins passengers to caution reckless drivers
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift