The Global Institute for Disease Elimination (GLIDE) (www.GLIDEae.org), a new Abu Dhabi-based global health institute focused on eliminating infectious diseases from poverty, has launched Falcon Awards for Disease Elimination, in a desire to discover and implement innovative approaches for the elimination of diseases.
Founded in 2019 by His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, GLIDE identifies the latest scientific, cultural and global health knowledge and puts it into action with partners across programs to advance disease elimination. .
The Falcon Awards, open for online submissions on the 4the May 2021, invites non-governmental organizations (NGOs), philanthropic foundations, coalitions or networks of civil society organizations (CSOs), academic or research institutions, public-private partnerships (PPP) and institutions from the public or private sector in endemic countries to submit proposals that aim to accelerate the elimination of one or more of GLIDE’s four priority diseases: malaria, polio, lymphatic filariasis and onchocerciasis.
GLIDE is particularly looking for proposals that address cross-border, intersectoral, intersectoral or intersectoral approaches to disease elimination. Submissions should focus on the implementation of innovative ideas and established research that has a strong potential for a catalytic, transformational or truly innovative approach, or on operations research with perspectives of providing solutions to existing challenges. elimination of diseases.
Simon Bland, CEO of GLIDE, commented: “At GLIDE, we strongly believe in an integrated and collaborative approach to tackling infectious diseases of poverty. The Falcon Disease Elimination Awards will help advance and amplify these efforts. “
Five winners will be announced later this year after an in-depth evaluation by a jury of esteemed experts in global health. Each winner will receive up to $ 200,000 to fund and implement their unique disease elimination solutions.
For more information on the Falcon Awards and how to enter, please visit: www.GLIDEae.org/awards.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yNp
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking
- Eid-el-Fitr: FRSC deploys 1,820 personnel in Kano State
- Ramadan: Tambuwal urges Islamic scholars to continue praying for Nigeria, Buhari