2023 General Election: CCD solicits inclusion, equal participation of PWDs in electoral processes
NNN: The Centre for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) has solicited for inclusion and equal participation of Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) in the electoral processes, ahead of the 2023 General Election.
Mr David Anyaele, Executive Director of CCD, made the call at a dialogue with Frontline Political Actors and PWDs which held on Wednesday at Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.
Anyaele spoke on findings of an assessment of the Local Government elections held in July 2021 in Lagos State, within the context of the special provision made by the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC) in collaboration the Lagos State Office of Disability Affairs (LASODA).
On the sideline, Luka said there were no plans by INEC to extend the ongoing Voters Registration exercise, adding that the deadline remained June 30, 2022.
Also Mrs Olukanni-Abochai Eniola, Director of Medical Rehabilitation Mobility Appliances & Aids, LASODA, in her remark, said that the body was passionate about the inclusiveness of PWDs, especially in the area of exercising their nationality mandate.
“This is to say it is fundamental for the PWDs to have mouth and input in every decision if they want to go along with the majority or not, as related to electoral process in the country,
“LASODA appreciates the fact that INEC is showing that they are recognising the PWDs and they must not be left behind in fundamental issues in the political arena,” Eniola said.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs