The Gambia National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Director of Exploration, Cany Jobe to Speak at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2022
NNN: Energy Capital & Power (ECP) (https://EnergyCapitalPower.com/) is proud to announce that the esteemed Cany Jobe, Director of Exploration and Production of The Gambia National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), will be speaking at the MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power Conference & Exhibition (https://bit.ly/3brzJt2) in Senegal from September 1 to 2 this year.
GNPC is the National Oil Company (NOC) of The Gambia and joins Petrosen from Senegal, SMHPM from Mauritania, Petroguin from Guinea-Bissau and SONAP from Guinea-Conakry for the MSGBC event.
All parties are set to present at the West African NOC Forum on the first day of the conference schedule, immediately following Senegalese President HE Macky Sall’s keynote address.
Cany has over 14 years of oil, gas and renewables engineering experience in West Africa, South America, East Asia and Australia, spending most of these years with GNPC. Jobe’s roles ranged from Petroleum Engineer, Secretary to the Board of Directors, Manager in various roles to her current position as Director of Exploration and Production. In this role, Ella Jobe oversees the national implementation of high-value exploration activities through joint ventures of international oil companies and NOCs, under the Gambia Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production Licensing system.
With a licensing round underway and direct negotiations open for other blocks, The Gambia’s promising early-stage energy sector has included key oil majors exploring in the country. Therefore, Jobe’s insights at the NOC Forum regarding Gambia’s new blocks on the market, along with future expansion plans and industry insights, are of crucial value. This is particularly true given Jobe’s considerable experience in early-stage project development and resource valuation.
GNPC’s Director holds an MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering from the University of Western Australia, an MSc in International Project Management from Glasgow Caledonian University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Resources and Materials Engineering. Cany is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and the Association of Project Managers; alumnus of the prestigious Commonwealth Prize; Australian Development Award; Mining for Development Award; Trust Bank Millennium Award for Excellence.
She was listed as one of the 100 Outstanding Female Executives in Oil and Gas (African Shapers 2021) and most recently won the SAIPEC Winning with Women 2022 award for inspirational leadership in the industry.
Recognizing that gender bias and exclusionary practices towards women remain a perennial problem in the hydrocarbons industry, the MSGBC conference facilitator, ECP, will also host a ‘Women in Energy Luncheon’, set for the first programming day. The session brings together the top female leaders in the energy sector for a solution-oriented session, producing actionable measures that companies can consider using to level the gender playing field and remedy imbalances. Examples of current gender discrepancies in the energy sector include the fact that male employees currently hold 83% of executive and senior level positions and 99% of CEO positions within energy companies.
ECP International Conference Director Sandra Sheikh adds, “Cany Jobe’s speaking role at the 2022 MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power Conference is both prescient and fitting. Jobe is not only a front for information on Gambia’s extremely promising hydrocarbon developments and upcoming block licences, but she is a leading liquefied natural gas engineering light from her work in Australia and a shining example for women in energy. “.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs