By Oladele Eniola
A NAN correspondent who visited the beach reported that people of all ages were seen having fun at the beach, some enjoying themselves with food and drink.
One of the fun seekers, Miss Mofe Ayeni, said the Easter holidays are a time to hang out with friends.
“I was looking forward to this season. It’s a time to have a good time with friends and acquaintances.
“I had been to this place many times in the past and I could make a lot of memories here, especially with my family and friends,” she said.
Mr. Adeleke Idahosa, a businessman, said the break allowed him to take time off from work.
“I was looking forward to the break so that I could enjoy the well-deserved rest from the stress of work in a serene environment.
“Coming to the beach is perfect for me to appreciate nature and the environment. It’s so good for the soul, ”he says.
Mr. Dotun Alao, a fun seeker, said he came to the beach to relieve his emotional burden.
“I’m just an ordinary person who comes to the beach, so I’m just here to have fun and have fun.
“I’m happy for the holiday because it gave me more time to come here, enjoy the serene surroundings and cool my head,” he said.
A meat seller, Nuru Abdul, noted that the holding periods are lucrative for his business.
“I made money from my business today because several fun lovers have frequented me today.
“I wish there could be more holidays because during the holidays I usually make a lot of money and that makes me happy,” he said.
A beach official, who pleaded not to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the press, said the beach had attracted hundreds of entertainers.
“The large number of people on this beach is a daily occurrence because the beach is clean and of high quality.
“Many fun seekers come here daily to have fun due to the standard we have maintained over the years,” said the manager.
However, NAN observed that some of the revelers did not comply with safety guidelines and measures on the COVID-19 pandemic, as they did not wear face masks and did not follow social distancing protocol. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yBg
- Army debunks alleged deployment of only Northern officers to S/East
- Buhari congratulates designer of National Flag, Michael Akinkunmi at 85
- INEC increases polling units in Anambra to 5,720
- U17 World cup winner, Nwakali may switch allegiance, says Agent
- Farming, skill acquisition, solutions to security challenges- ex-NCPC boss
- Malami donates car, 24 motorbikes to Ulamas
- Norway may ditch AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson jabs
- I don’t have links with bandits, say retired Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar
- Amaechi inaugurates 11-member committee to probe activities of NPA