Friendly match : Super Falcons beat Naija Ratels 2-1
NNN: The Nigeria National Women’s Football Team, Super Falcons, defeated Naija Ratels Football Club 2-1 in a friendly match ahead of the 2022 Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCN).
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the match, played on Thursday at the training pitch of Package A of the Moshood Abiola National Stadium, saw Falcons players displaying a high level of performance.
Francisca Ordega opened scoring for them in the 12th minute.
Ratels fought to equalise but they could not utilise their scoring chances.
On resumption of second half, Bello Aminat equalised for Naija Ratels in the 55th minute.
Onome Ebi of the Falcons scored the second goal in the 62nd minute.
Both teams fought hard to score more goals but they failed to click when it mattered.
Coach Bankole Olowookere said after the match that it was a build-up to the Nation’s Cup
“We have a set of good players in the team, that is the reason why they (Flacons) made only one goal difference.
“My players are junior team, compared to the Falcons who are senior to them. I commend my players; they fought well in the game,” he said
The coach said the team (Falcons) needed to put more efforts on their training.
“I will advise the national team to be serious in all their games at the championship in Morocco. I trust them they will make the nation proud,” he said.
NAN reports that the 2022 Africa Women Cup of Nations will be the 14th edition and is scheduled to hold in Morocco from July 2 to 23.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs