French Ambassador to Lebanon Anne Grillo confirmed on Monday France’s position in support for the rights of Palestinian people and finding a just and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue, the National News Agency reported.
Grillo reiterated her assertion “on the importance to provide a decent life for Palestinian refugees and to support the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in cooperation with European partners to enable it to fulfill its duties and responsibilities.”
Grillo’s remarks came during her meeting with Palestinian Ambassador to Lebanon Ashraf Dabbour who briefed Grillo on the difficult living conditions for Palestinians in Lebanon.
Dabbour valued France’s “consistent stances in supporting the Palestinian cause in all international forums,” stressing that “(Palestinian) President Mahmoud Abbas will hold an international peace conference.”
The two officials agreed to continue cooperation, coordination and development of the relationship between the Palestinian and French missions.
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Nigeria: children traumatized by kidnapping need urgent rehabilitation, say UN experts
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 2, 2021)
- Team Europe partners with Equity Bank to support Kenyan businesses and agriculture amid COVID-19
- West African ministers of health in the joint fight against Ebola
- The Union of OIC News Agencies (UNA) and SID through THIQAH (IDB Group Business Forum) sign MoC to strengthen cooperation in the field of media