Okey-Ezike said the donation would assist the government to address some of the challenges faced by the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)in the state.
He said “In line with our humanitarian interventions as a foundation, the founder and the board of directors have approved the donation of 3,000 bags of 50 kg rice worth N81 million to the state government.
“This is our modest assistance to enable the government mitigate some of the challenges posed by IDPs”.
The Chief of Staff revealed that the foundation, in collaboration with Khadimiya For Justice and Development Initiative (KJDI) in Birnin Kebbi, recently provided 100 boreholes worth N140 million to the residents of the state.
He added that “In furtherance of this partnership, our foundation donated 40-foot container load of medical equipment and supplies worth N152 million as well as medicines worth N85 million to the State Specialist Hospital, Kalgo”.
According to him, the foundation and people of the state have a fundamental history and relationship.
He equally condoled with families that are bereaved and expressed sympathy to the affected homes and persons.
In his remarks, Bagudu, thanked the two foundations for the wonderful support to the flood victims.
“The 2020 flood was devastating, but we are proud of the people, even with devastation, they are resilient.
”The people have returned to their farms, mobilising for dry season farming to compensate for what they lost and even do more,” the governor said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the foundation is a non-profitable organisation, founded by Sir Emeka Offor, a philanthropist in 1996, to reduce poverty and create economic opportunities across the country.
Edited By: Chinye Bassey/Julius Toba-Jegede
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3w4J
- FG proposes 65 yrs retirement age for doctors, health workers
- Anambra 2021: Sen. Okadigbo drums support for APC’s Andy Uba
- Insecurity : We will not relent in fight against criminality – Police
- Manchester City win 2020/21 EPL title
- Osinbajo to represent Nigeria at Ugandan presidential inauguration
- Osinbajo lauds SecureID for pioneering smart card manufacturing in Nigeria
- NDLEA confirms attack on its Ohafia office in Abia
- Tension in Edo PDP over dissolution of State, LGA party executives
- Sultan declares Thursday as 1st day of Shawwal