MTN Foundation has donated medical equipment to FederalTeaching Hospital (FTH) Gombe for the benefit of Gombe residents.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that items donated included two Dental Chairs with Accessories,an ENT Console, Complete set of Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy equipment.
Speaking at the inauguration and handover ceremony of the equipment on Friday in Gombe,the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, charged the FTH to imbibe maintenance culture to ensure that theequipment last long.
The minister, who was represented by Dr Adebimpe Adebiyi, the Director, Hospital Service, Federal Ministryof Health, said “I charge those members of staff that will handle the equipment that we are inauguratingtoday to always put patients first in their conduct.
“This will enable them benefit maximally from your professional knowledge, you must have compassionfor patients, taking cognisance that majority of them reside in rural communities and are less privileged.
“You must reach out to them and include them in your resolve to encourage healthy living.”
He thanked MTN Foundation “for the remarkable gesture”, while calling on other organisations to emulate them.
The Chairman of MTN Foundation, Mr Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi, said the goal was to improve quality of lifethrough partnerships in communities where MTN operates.
Represented by Mrs Odunayo Sanya, the Executive Secretary of MTN Foundation, he said the foundationhad been partnering with Gombe State Government in so many ways.
He added that “prior to this donation, we have upgraded Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities in some localgovernment areas of the state.
“No fewer than 4,377 persons across the state have benefitted from MTN medical outreaches. Wealso made various donations to some orphanages in the state.”
The Minister for Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Ali Pantami, said the Government-Private Partnershipwas a welcome development as MTN Foundation fulfill its corporate social responsibility bycomplementing government’s effort.
He said “We always encourage private sector to support government in providing infrastructure, while governmentprovides the enabling environment for economy to grow.”
Dr Felix Ogedegbe, the acting Board Chairman of FTH Gombe, thanked Pantami for supporting the hospital through variousinterventions like the Digital Economy Centre, among others.
Ogedegbe, who was represented by Azerz Ense, hospital board member, thanked MTN Foundation and appealed topublic-spirited individuals to support the hospital for the benefit of the teeming population in the state.
The Gombe State Governor, Inuwa Yahaya, said the present administration was passionate about the health sector and that waswhy on assumption of duty, 114 Primary Health Care Centres were upgraded across the state aimed at achieving Universal Health Coverage.
Represented by his Deputy, Manasseh Jatau, Tahaya said that the intervention by MTN Foundation was apt, considering the increasein health challenges.
He called on private organisations and individuals to emulate the foundation.
NAN reports that highlights of the occasion were the inauguration of the equipment donated by MTN Foundation byPantami, the launch of newly constructed Accidents and Emergency Unit by Ehanire, as well as the inauguration ofroad network by Yahaya.
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference
- Indonesia lifts palm oil export ban after protests
- Three Professors Win 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Prize for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- CSO to support implementation of $700m W/Bank water project in Nigeria
- Organisation reels out interventions to discourage irregular migration in Nigeria.
- Don tasks govt. on geriatric database