Former President Dr Goodluck Jonathan expressed his condolences to the government and people of Tanzania on the death of their President, John Magufuli.
Jonathan, in a statement by his special media adviser, Mr. Ikechukwu Eze, in Abuja on Thursday, described the late Magufuli as a true patriot who has done his best to move his country forward.
He said: “Today a shining star has been torn from the African continent. President Magufuli of Tanzania was a man I knew quite well, due to my frequent visits to Tanzania for the advancement of democracy in Africa.
“I found in him a true patriot who loved his country and did his best to move the state ship away from the riverside of peace, progress and prosperity. ”
Jonathan noted that Tanzania has been blessed in the field of leadership and enjoyed constant stability thanks to men like Julius Nyerere and his worthy successors.
He expressed hope and prayed that the “beautiful and determined nation” would continue with the tradition.
He sent his condolences to the families of the sick, especially First Lady Janeth Magufuli, their children, and the government and people of Tanzania.
He prayed to God to grant the soul of the late Magufuli eternal rest and comfort the grieving nation.
“My thoughts are also with his party, Chama Cha Mapinduzi.
“May God rest his soul and comfort the grieving nation,” he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ylC
- Kwara Govt welcomes 129 doctors, others
- Customs strike force intercepts 513 bags of foreign rice
- NABDA partner ABU on genetically improved maize
- Senate seeks more incentives for new entrants to cement production
- The FG reaffirms its commitment to the growth of MSMEs to stimulate GDP
- AU mourns ousted Chadian President Deby Mourning
- CBN urges banks to support businesses seeking expansion
- Lawan praises a harmonious relationship between the arms of government
- Providing public services is key to improving lives – SERVICOM