Forged vehicle document: Police arrest 2 for duping people in Lagos
NNN: The Lagos State Police Command has arrested two men, Olushola Owoade, 45, and Sherif Salaudeen, 33, who specialised in duping people by forging vehicle registration documents.
The Command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the arrest in a statement on Thursday in Lagos.
He said that the suspects posed as officials of Vehicle Licensing Office, collected money from members of the public and issued them fake vehicle registration documents.
“The duo was arrested following credible intelligence that they duped innocent Nigerians by producing fake vehicle documents and impersonating officials of the Lagos State Vehicle Licensing Office.
“Salaudeen, a security man at the Lagos State Electricity Board, Ikeja, was arrested for aiding and abetting by allowing Owoade use his security post to run his illicit business.
“Investigation reveals that the suspects have been in the business since February 2021.
“Items recovered from the suspects include one laptop, one printer, fake Inspector General of Police letterheads, fake tint permits and fake vehicle particulars,” he said.
Hundeyin said that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Abiodun Alabi, has directed that the suspects be arraigned at the conclusion of investigations. (
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs