NNN: The Retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS) on Friday received a boost of 280.04 million dollars from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The bank’s Director, Corporate Communications Department, Mr Isaac Okorafor, made this known in a statement in Abuja.
Okorafor said CBN also injected CNY 28.3 million in the spot and short tenured forwards segment of the inter-bank foreign market.
He explained that the latest interventions in the inter-bank foreign exchange market were for requests in the agricultural and raw materials sectors as well as Renminbi-denominated Letters of Credit.
He expressed satisfaction over the stability of the foreign exchange which, according to him, was largely due to sustained intervention by the bank.
He assured that the the bank would remain committed to ensuring that all the sectors of the forex market continue to enjoy access to the needed foreign exchange.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the apex bank had on Tuesday offered authorised dealers in the wholesale segment of the market 100 million dollars, while the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and the invisibles segments each received the sum of 55 million dollars.
Meanwhile, N358 was exchanged to a dollar at the Bureau de Change (BDC) segment of the foreign exchange market, while CNY1 exchanged at N46 on Friday.
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence
- Appeal Court fixes July 5 for judgment in Abuja land dispute matter
- Hundreds of anti-coup protesters in Sudan defy security forces
- NAFDAC shuts 10 water factories in Ondo
- 2023: Group drums support for Obi, urges people to get PVC
- Taraba Govt. begins sensitisation of community to privitisation of highland tea
- Bible Society honours Awolowo-Dosumu, Maiden Alex-Ibru, others
- NYSC condemns alleged electoral misconduct involving corps member in Osun
- NSE to partner stakeholders in replacing manhole covers, other projects
- Ogun govt. commiserates with labour, deceased family over teacher’s death
- Night travels: Accident claims 18 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- President Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 2023 election: PDP will win despite internal crisis, says Adedipe
- Ex-Iran president’s daughter charged with propaganda, blasphemy
- 2023: I’ll pay workers well to reduce corruption — Lagos ADC gov’ship candidate