By Douglas Okoro
At least 100 young people from Uburu, in the local government area of Ohaozara in Ebonyi, were trained in agribusiness and mentoring on Monday by humanitarian organization Uburu Amaka.
The organization’s executive administrator, Mr Nicholas Onu, said the program was designed to transfer modern agricultural skills to young people in the region.
He said the overall goal was to empower and empower young people in the region.
He called on well-meaning businesses and individuals to contribute their quota to job creation, saying the government cannot do it alone.
Un said the program was an offshoot of a youth summit, which took place in the region in January 2021.
He further called on the state government and other stakeholders to help the organization mobilize the resources needed to run some of their programs.
Akpa said their goal was to ensure that young people in the region were directed to the best possible way to earn a living.
“Young people are afraid of farming because they think farming is dirty and tedious.
“However, technology has made farming much easier for a person to achieve up to 300 percent return on their investment,” he said.
In a goodwill message, Business Development Commissioner Dr Steven Odo called on participants to focus on the different stages of the agribusiness value chain.
Odo said the state has a comparative advantage in agriculture because of its abundant human and natural resources.
He said the government had a deliberate policy to promote agriculture and empower young people in the state.
“This is what we call ‘the land policy of one man, one hectare’.
“As someone appointed by the government, you have to show that you are promoting government policy on agriculture,” Odo said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yYw
- Siemens, German government and Solidarity Fund hand over 100-bed modular hospital solution
- NiMet predicts 3 days cloudiness, thunderstorms from Friday
- Arrival of the new Hapag-Lloyd East Africa service in Kenya and Tanzania
- Eid-el-Fitr: Uzodimma hosts Muslims in Imo
- Envoy pledges to strengthen Nigeria-Cuba relations
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 13, 2021)
- Real Madrid stay in title hunt with win at Granada
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 13, 2021)
- Nadal follows Djokovic into Rome Open quarter-finals after epic fightback