By Martha Agas
The federal government must strengthen security in the Pandam reserve in the local government of Qu’an’pan du Plateau, following the activities of criminals in the area.
He said the visit was aimed at informing Lalong of President Muhammadu Buhari‘s approval for the federal government takeover of the park.
He said when the takeover of the reserve is complete, the security of the park will be enhanced with technology and more staff.
He said more infrastructure would be provided in the park to increase its tourism potential.
Goni added that the people of the Plateau would benefit from its economic opportunities, especially its host community.
In response, Lalong thanked the president for including Pandam Game Reserve among the 10 recently granted approvals, out of more than 100 requests from various states.
He said the National Park Chief’s update would ease the tension of some people in the Plateau, who feared the end of development in the park.
He assured the people of the Plateau that the intervention of the federal government would make the park more viable, safe and secure, saying that it would be rid of the hiding places of criminals.
He urged Goni and his team to visit the Plateau for a better interface with key stakeholders for a smooth takeover of the park.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the park is one of the largest game reserves in Nigeria.
He was thus appointed in 1972 by the then military governor of Benue-Plateau, Joseph Gomwalk.
The park covers a land mass of approximately 224 km2 of untouched savanna wetlands and forests and is home to many species of wildlife.
Animals include antelopes, timid duikers, warthogs, and monkeys living in the natural environment. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z6k
- 16,000 jobs’ll be created when National Theatre’s renovation is completed – Official
- Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro, ex-CDS dies at 80 Death
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 12, 2021)
- New board will run the National Theatre after renovations – GM
- Ogun Govt. restates commitment to quality health care
- Eid-el-Fitr: Ganduje urges Muslims to pray for peace
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 12, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: Orji Kalu advocates national cohesion
- Expert wants greater investment in food security