The Federal Government says it has initiated viable power infrastructure development projects to enhance quality power generation, transmission and distribution in the country.
Mamman said the transformer was installed to replace the one lost in 2019.
“In 2019 TCN lost one of the 150MVA transformers, causing load suppression which affected bulk supply to some distribution feeders.
“The new 150MVA, 330/132/34.5kV power transformer will increase the substation’s capacity by 120MW.
“This will take care of the suppressed load caused by earlier transformer loss in the substation and also increased TCN’s grid capacity,” he said.
According to him, the Federal Government is currently executing various power infrastructure development projects in different parts of the country.
Mamman reiterated the commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari towards improving power supply in the country.
Also speaking, Idris Garba, the Kano State Commissioner for Works and Transport, lauded the gesture, adding that it would improve power supply and industrial development in the state.
Garba also commended Buhari for the implementation of viable projects aimed at boosting the social and economic development of the state.
The commissioner urged the TCN to initiate more projects to address energy crisis in the state.
Edited By: Isaac Aregbesola
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wz2
- FG proposes 65 yrs retirement age for doctors, health workers
- Anambra 2021: Sen. Okadigbo drums support for APC’s Andy Uba
- Insecurity : We will not relent in fight against criminality – Police
- Manchester City win 2020/21 EPL title
- Osinbajo to represent Nigeria at Ugandan presidential inauguration
- Osinbajo lauds SecureID for pioneering smart card manufacturing in Nigeria
- NDLEA confirms attack on its Ohafia office in Abia
- Tension in Edo PDP over dissolution of State, LGA party executives
- Sultan declares Thursday as 1st day of Shawwal