By AbdulFatai Beki
The federal government reiterated its commitment to continue to embark on other infrastructure projects to further enhance the country’s economic growth and development.
Mr. Yusuf-Jimoh Adekunle, director of federal highway for the north-central, said this on Saturday during the inspection of the ongoing road construction in Idofian in the Lfelodun local government area in Kwara.
Adekunle, along with Federal Works Comptroller Kwara, while inspecting some on-going federal-owned projects, said 18 road projects underway across the state are aimed at improving the state’s infrastructure.
According to him, the federal government is currently embarking on the construction and rehabilitation of roads in all regions of the country to further stimulate the country’s economy.
“If the infrastructure is good, businesses will grow,” he said.
“This government has focused on many infrastructures, road construction, rail construction to improve the country’s economy,” he added.
The manager sympathized with idofian residents over the devastation caused by the failure to complete a four-kilometer portion of the ongoing construction of the idofian-Egbe highway.
He promised that with the availability of funds, the project would be completed before the end of 2022.
He said other road projects underway in all parts of the state were receiving more attention. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIU
- WHO panel urges bold overhaul of pandemic prevention measures
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala