Mohammed said that Nigeria with around 25 million Twitter users versus Ghana’s eight million users, it was fitting that Nigeria was Twitter’s choice to locate its headquarters for the continent.
“Twitter’s reasons for citing the headquarters of Accra, Ghana, are that Accra is a champion of democracy and the rule of law prevails in the country, among other reasons.
“That’s what you get when you take the market out of your country.
“The media are more to blame for this which, most of the time, exaggerates the challenges of the country.
“At no time was it worse than during the EndSARS protest, when Nigerian journalists in mainstream and new media tried to outdo themselves by painting Nigeria as a hell where no one should live.
“When they all conspired to defame not only the government, but the Nigerian people,” he said.
The minister said he was satisfied with the American report which confirmed to the Nigerian government that no living was lost at the Lekki tollgate, contrary to what the majority of the media reported.
“We are not saying that we should not criticize the country but be fair and patriotic.
“When you destroy your own home, where are you going to live?
“You can imagine the kind of job opportunities that citing this headquarters in Nigeria would have generated, the kind of visibility it would have given Nigeria, but we destroyed it,” he said. .
Mohammed said that “this is what insiders say about their country that the foreigner will use to judge and condemn the country.”
He said the development would serve as a lesson for people to be patriotic and better manage the country’s image.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that US-based social media company Twitter announced Accra, Ghana on Monday as its choice for its headquarters location for Africa.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPY
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official
- FG delegation to visit Ghana over Nigerian/Ghanaian traders’ conflict
- NGX opens week upbeat with N59bn growth
- Kwara launches interest-free loans for young entrepreneurs
- Only FG can guarantee financial autonomy for judiciary, says SAN
- FG declares Wednesday, Thursday, as Public Holidays to mark Eid-eI-Fitr celebration
- Army debunks alleged deployment of only Northern officers to S/East
- Buhari congratulates designer of National Flag, Michael Akinkunmi at 85