By Victor Nwachukwu
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo assured that the federal government will strengthen security in correctional facilities across the country.
Osinbajo gave this assurance when speaking to reporters at Owerri Detention Center, Imo, on Tuesday after inspecting the facilities to determine the extent of damage caused by thugs who attacked the center on Monday, April 5, 2021.
The vice president, who condemned the attacks on the correctional center and police headquarters in Owerri, said the country’s security architecture will be overhauled.
He further assured that all those responsible for the attacks would be discovered and subjected to the full wrath of the law.
He claimed that the attacks were directed against the Nigerian people and their government, adding that this should not be tolerated.
“The perpetrators of this act will certainly be brought to account. They don’t have to be free. They are cowardly and will be discovered and duly prosecuted.
“We will revamp the country’s security architecture and strengthen security in correctional facilities across the country,” he said.
Osinbajo, however, urged security agencies not to give in to the fight against banditry, regardless of the challenges. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yEj
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 22, 2021)
- NSE Trading closes optimistic week with growth of 89 billion naira
- FG needs N1.89trn to fight malaria – Minister
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (April 22, 2021)
- Nigeria sees 23% drop in malaria prevalence in 2018 – WHO
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 22, 2021)
- Ms World UN launches appearance to advance SDGs and humanitarianism
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (April 22, 2021)
- Buhari restores ownership of OML 123, others to NNPC