By Chijioke Okoronkwo
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved 532 million naira for the construction and furnishing of the library extension of the University of Ibadan.
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, briefed State House correspondents after the virtual FEC meeting chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
President Muhammadu Buhari is still in London for a routine medical check-up.
“The Minister of Education also presented a memorandum for the award of the contract for the construction and furnishing of the library extension of the University of Ibadan.
“The memo, which was approved, costs 532 million naira with a completion period of 48 weeks,” the minister said.
Mohammed hinted that the memo was well received due to the need to expand the university’s library.
He said that for many years the library was in need of a real expansion, given the large increase in the student body.
According to him, the expansion project will include two suspended floors, two online reading areas and three cabins.
It will also include a reading area for people with reduced mobility, four seminar rooms and a reprography unit.
Other facilities include six staff offices, a control room, a general room, stores, four electronic libraries, a coffee room, a technical service room, a media unit room, a galaxy room / d exhibition and a magazine publication unit, in addition to two reading areas.
“The contract has been awarded to UYK Nigeria Limited and it is due for delivery in 48 weeks,” Mohammed said.
On the occasion of the seventh anniversary of the kidnapping of the Chibok girls, the minister said that the government had more than ever expressed concern for the security issue at the public meeting it recently held in Kaduna.
He said the theme of the global meeting was “Establishing Milestones for Strengthened Security and National Unity”. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOE
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers