Malam Abdullahi Shinkafi, Acting Executive Chairman, Federal Character Commission (FCC), says the commission is poised to ensure fairness and equity in the recruitment of personnel into Federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
The Commission would also ensure fair distribution of infrastructure in line with its mandate, Shinkafi said on Monday in Abuja in an address at a sensitisation programme organised by the Public Affairs and Communication (PAC), Department of the Commission.
The theme of the sensitisation programme is “Promote Fairness and Equity”.
“FCC needs to be heard everywhere. We are poised to ensure fairness and equity in the recruitment process in government Ministries, Departments and Agencies and also in the distribution of infrastructure development.
“We have a big job; the whole nation is looking up to us to unite them together and that is what the FCC Anthem is about.
“I want to assure PAC of our maximum support; if funds are available, we will do the needful to support you to carry out your work smoothly; protection of national interest is a priority.
“Some negative things have been written about FCC which are not true; it is the duty of PAC to ensure that the interest of the Commission and country are protected,” Shinkafi said.
Speaking earlier, Mr Dipo Akinshola, Director of PAC, said that the aim of the event was to enlighten the FCC Community.
He said that there was need to rebrand the Commission and sensitise the public on its activities as well as the commission’s readiness to do great things for the unity and progress of Nigerians.
Akinshola said that the department would work with other departments in the Commission to achieve set out goals.
“PAC is communication, communication is information and information is power,” he said.
Edited By: Shuaib Sadiq and Ephraims Sheyin
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-31kq
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC