Father’s Day: Cleric urges fathers not to leave children’s training to mothers alone
NNN: As Nigerians mark Father’s Day, an Anglican Cleric, Ven. Wole Ogunseyinde, has urged fathers not to leave the training of children to mothers alone.
Ogunseyinde said God had made Fathers heads of their homes and expected them to provide, protect and guide them according to Christian tenets.
“Psalm 103:13 says ‘As a Father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him’.”
“There are too many absentee Fathers who have left the guidance of children solely to their mothers, this disconnect may be a panacea to wayward children, cultism and other social vices,” he said.
The Cleric emphasised that if an enabling environment is provided such that fathers could be employed or employ themselves, the society will be less disjointed.
He added that there would be less of the evils currently plaguing Nigeria when the fathers are comfortable and gainfully employed.
“In 1909, Sonora Smart Dodd, while attending a Mother’s Day celebration, felt fathers ought to be celebrated as well.
“She is cr
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family